Wednesday, August 22, 2007

allergies?

do any of you out there suffer from allergies?

i never have. but lately my eyes have been getting all funky.....

the skin around the eyes gets pink or reddish, it sorta itches/sorta burns, it gets extremely dry and wrinkley looking, and the eyelids and upper eye puff up and swell (like i've been crying but i haven't been). sometimes it's just one or two of these symtoms but mostly it's all of them. my eyeballs themselves are just fine - not dry. not teary. not gunky. i also do not have any nose issues.

does this sound like allergies? it isn't consistent - sometimes it stays away for a week or more. sometimes it last for a few days. (this makes me think its not something i wear on my face - make-up or creams etc.)

what do you think?

i want nothing more than to furiously rub my eyes right now! they are all pink and are burning/itchy (but not dry today) and puffy. ugh. it sucks.

i'm sick of looking like i'm hungover or on drugs or just didn't get any sleep.

solutions?

(i've tried a cool damp cloth but sometimes that makes it burn even more!)


4 comments:

carrster said...

sounds like HAYFEVER to me...although I have major nose issues (as well...) with that.

I have just about every allergy you can think of...well, not food allergies THANK GOD...but everything else - dust, pollen, cats, wool, cigarette smoke, etc etc It's oh so much fun. Try Claritan. That might help you feel better.

michelle said...

Claritan, eh? Someone else here at work suggested that as well today - so I will definitely pick some up tonight! Anything to get rid of this burning - seriously - all I want to do right now is just run and rub and rub my eyes :( Poop.

All our vacations pictures are going to show me looking like a hungover sleep deprived crack addict. Sigh......

Kari said...

Visine allergy also helps. I put some in my eyes every morning just to get rid of the itchy red grossness of dust allergies that kick in while I'm sleeping no matter how clean the bedroom is...

michelle said...

thanks :)

i took some Clariten tonight and it seems to be working although my eyes are still driving me bonkers. but not my eyeballs. i'll get some of that visine tomorrow.