Monday, January 7, 2008

What a Difference....



....a phone call can make :)


i mentioned in previous posts that i had to get a crown. i may have also mentioned my displeasure with my insurance. i signed up (by mistake) for the 'in-network' only option. i went to their dentist and was not happy. i may sound like a snot for saying it but i grew up on family dentistries. going to the strip mall dentist with the big neon sign that very plainly says 'DENTIST' was just - eh. they may be good but i was just turned off. that and the staff was anything but welcoming. so...my point...


i called the benefits resource center and explained my situation and they let me make a change! i can now go to any dentist i like :) so i just made a new appointment with a dentist i know and like and feel so much better! it'll still cost me an arm and a leg of which i cannot afford but i feel more comfortable and that makes a very big difference :) so yeah - happy morning :)

2 comments:

carrster said...

Yay! Glad to hear you've got that straightened out. I wouldn't feel comfortable going to a "mall dentist" either!

(but then again I go where McDreamy dentists so...there ya go - ha! Oh I think I have an appointment coming up soon....)

michelle said...

Sigh....how I miss McDreamy....

:)